Sunday, November 14, 2010

Advising time!

Well, advising if finally over. It's a stressful but extremely exciting time on campus. Everyone huddles around the class schedule lists and tries to piece together next semesters schedule. For upperclassmen like myself, this is an EXTREMELY stressful time because we aren't only scheduling the coming semester, but also making sure that we can get all our classes done in the semesters we have left. I only have two semesters left after the current one, so I had to make sure that the classes I need to graduate that I'm not taking next semester are offered in the fall. I had one class that I wasn't going to be able to take before I graduate, but thanks to the great professors at Trine, we were able to come up with a logical class substitution so I can still graduate with my minor. That's the best thing about Trine by far. The professors know all their students by name and can tailor their classes to your specific needs. At a bigger university, my professors would have never taken the time to listen to my individual needs, and I would never have been able to graduate early at a larger university. Take it from me, I know. I transferred to Trine from a state school and I never even met my advisor, for my entire first semester. Moving to college is hard enough, it's nice to know that all the professors on campus have your back.
Til next time~
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment