Friday, January 28, 2011

A sick, sick weekend

Well, it's official, the first round of illness for the semester is here! So far, it isn't as bad as last year, and from what I've heard it's worse back home (where of course I'm headed in a few hours to visit my family). I know a few of my friends and a few more of my classmates have come down with a tough cold, fever, aches, etc... the average yuck. Unfortunately that's what happens when there are so many of us in one region. Luckily, we're small enough that professors know when a bought of sick is going around and try to be a bit more understanding.
We're a few weeks into semester and everyone is settling in. I've already written a couple papers, have worked well into a few projects, and am getting ready for the first round of exams. Campus looks BEAUTIFUL this time of year, with all the trees frosted beautifully, the snowflakes falling like a snow globe, and the snow starting to pile up. When it's just snowy and not windy, it's my favorite time of year.
Well, headed home for the weekend to visit my family for the first time this semester. Apparently they're all sick. Since there's a job fair next week, I'm hoping I don't get stuck with something. We shall see.
Hope all is well wherever you are
~Til next time
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment